PURCHASING REAL ESTATE IN BELIZE
Belize may still be one of the Caribbean’s best-kept secrets but times are changing. Increasing numbers of eco-tourists and adventurers, home-buyers, entrepreneurs and savvy investors are discovering Belize, not only as a beautiful oasis, but also as a beautiful business opportunity.
KEY MOTIVATORS -
- Stability: Long-standing, democratic tradition. Independent judiciary. Exchange rate fixed to the US Dollar ($2.00BZE = $1.00US).
- English Speaking: The only country in Central or South America to have English as its primary language.
- Profitability: Flexible fiscal incentives and concessions, Commercial Free Zones, Export Processing Zones. Repatriation of profits and dividends.
- Livability: Friendly people, subtropical climate, virgin rain-forests, unspoiled beaches and home of the largest barrier reef in the northern hemisphere.
- Great Location: The country is positioned in the tropical heart of Central America, bordered on the north by Mexico, to the south and west by Guatemala, and to the east by the azure waters of the Caribbean Sea. Belize is just a short flight from the U.S. — 2.5 hours from Dallas and Houston and 2 hours from Miami.
For a more in-depth discussion about the purchase/sale of real estate in Belize, CLICK HERE.